Monday, September 19, 2011

Rwanda

Day 12 - Tuesday

Today we leave Tororo and drive back to Kampala. Jessica and I will continue on to Entebbe and fly into Rwanda tonight. We will be staying overnight in a hotel in Kigali, Rwanda. Tomorrow we will meet a representative from Compassion International who will bring us to meet our sponsored son, Gedeon. I cannot express the joy and excitement that is in my heart as I think of meeting young Gedeon face to face for the first time. After ten years of letter writing back and forth, we will finally meet. I brought with me a stack of about 30 letters that he has written to us over the years. I was reading through them the other day and came across one that he wrote towards the end of last year. At the close of the letter he wrote, "Please forgive me, I love you so much; if possible, please come and visit me." I never imagined that it would happen this year!

We will spend the day with Gedeon, then fly back into Uganda tomorrow night. Thursday we will spend the day with Pastor Craig Lindquist of Calvary Chapel Entebbe. Pastor Craig will meet us at our hotel in Entebbe and bring us to the church to see all that the Lord is doing there through their outreach to the children. That night we will begin our long trek home to Oregon. Please pray for His protection as we travel these next few days.
Team Picture Ivory Hotel in Kampala

Note: I'm not sure how much time I'll have to update the blog, because I'll be leaving this laptop with Pastor Moses. Please check Mark's blog for updates on our exploits for today and Thursday. If you have not visited his blog yet, you should. He has lots of pictures and video clips on it. The link is over to the lower right on this page under 'My Blog List.' Just click on 'Walk by Faith,' and it will take you right to it. God bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment