Sunday, September 11, 2011

A Fun Day!(=

Hello! Today was so much fun! Both Shai and I visited Pastor Jonah's church in the slums and shared with the children. It was so sweet! They sang for us and then shared about the great things that God has done for them during the week. It was so sweet to hear these young kids share with us and thank God.
After church service, Shai and I were taken to Pastor Daniel A's church for our hair appointment. Pastor's wife Juliet had brought two women to plait our hair. It took 4 1/2 hours for them to plait my hair. My hair is now BLACK from the micro fiber hair that they wove into the braids ( I decided that I look like a pale Egyptian).
Driving down the Ugandan roads, I feel like a celebrity. Everywhere I go people are yelling at me "Muzugu! Bye-bye!" and waving. (They yell "bye-bye" to us because they believe that white men are always going somewhere.) Another funny thing happened from one of my "fans." As we were driving, a man looked at the window and started making kissing noises at me! It was so funny! I laugh whenever I think about it=).
Well, I must go now. I will try to keep in touch!
Love,
Jessica

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see the hair! Also, am curious, what are some of the children's specific thanksgivings? Are they much different from what you are used to hearing those in our culture be thankful for? I can just see your smiling face with every word I read and can't help but think, 'you were meant for this'.
    May the Lord continue to enlighten your eyes and enlarge your hearts!
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete