Sunday, September 11, 2011

Preach the Word

What an amazing day!! This morning we broke up into small teams and were sent in different directions. I don't know the exact number of churches Pastor Jonah oversees throughout Kampala (maybe 100), but each of us were sent to share and preach the Good News! I will let Jess share her experience when she gets back tonight. She went to Pastor Jonah's church to minister to the little children.


As for me, I feel overwhelmed with the love of His Church here in Uganda. I was sent to Rivers of Life Church in Nabweru Village. It is a very poor village located in the outskirts of Kampala. When I arrived I was greeted by Pastor Richard's wife. She gathered my things from the car and carried them into the church. They will not let you carry anything, always ready to serve you. The love of God truly flows out of them like living water.

We were blessed when the Children's choir sang to the congregation. Overall, it was a very lively worship time, and then the Lord used me to preach His word. I felt led to call the twenty or so children up front at the end to pray over their lives. The Lord put it in my heart to pray for them as they are the future of Uganda. All these little ones came forward, faces of angels staring up at me; it was so precious!

At the end of the service a love offering was taken-- FOR ME!!! Out of the little they have people came forward to give. Pastor Richard had told me it was for a crusade at the end of this month. I had no idea when a young man came over and presented me an envelope full of money. I turned to Pastor Richard and told him that I was not expecting this, but he insisted that I receive it as a gift. He said they are sowing into what God is going to do for them as a people. He said they need to give, because it is the right thing to do. I humbly received it. It was so hard, because I look around the village conditions that these people live in and see that there is such poverty and need everywhere. But these people shine in Nabweru Village because their spirits are not impoverished; they have a Father in Heaven who takes care of all their needs. The Lord is teaching them and me what it truly means to trust in Him as our Provider.

Pastor Richard asked me to come back to Uganda next year for a crusade to the youth. Could it be that the Lord would have this in store for me, for us as a church, to come and preach to the youth of Uganda? 

Tonight we all will meet together at Pastor Jonah's church for a big celebration!

"Do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you." Matthew 6:31-33 

No comments:

Post a Comment