Tuesday, September 6, 2011

My Side of the Story

Hello! This is Jessica, and I am finally writing on this blog!! I am still having a hard time grasping the fact that I will be on a completely different continent in two days! I have shopped and packed, prayed and prepared my heart, and now the time is here. I can't wait to step foot in Uganda and tell the Ugandan people about the love of Jesus!

Some of you may be wondering how this came about in my life?

Well, earlier this year after we met Pastor Jonah who has the 55+ kids, my dad vaguely asked me if I would ever want to go to Africa with him on a mission, specifically Uganda, and I said, "Sure, I'd love to go." (I just had to "Say Yes," get it?) I mean, my dad and I love to travel; we love adventure and surprises, and we've been hoping for a few years to go on a mission together. I wasn't thinking he meant THIS YEAR, but that he meant in years to come. You can imagine my surprise and excitement when he told me there was a team going to Uganda in September and that he was praying about us going with them!

My excitement has increased dramatically as the plans and details have come together. When I found out that my close friend Shai Miller and her dad were accompanying us, I was ecstatic! This mission trip will not only strengthen my relationship with my dad, it will also strengthen my friendship with Shai (and, of course, it will strengthen my relationship with Jesus, too!).

The preparation for this trip has had both its ups and downs. It was so much fun to shop for our clothing and our luggage, toys for the kids, and gifts for the widows and the pastors' wives. God's provision for everything has been so amazing! However, the ENDLESS amounts of shots and medicine (we just started our malaria medicine yesterday) have been annoying. Thankfully the shots are over; now we just have to take the medication and drink LOTS of water!

Thank you again for your prayers and support as my dad and I "Say Yes" to whatever God has planned for us.

In Christ,
Jessica Hall

"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
-Jeremiah 29:11 

No comments:

Post a Comment