Sunday, September 18, 2011

Time is flying WAY TOO FAST!!!!

I cannot believe that I will be in Africa for only four more days. It seems like just yesterday that we arrived at the airport and were greeted by almost thirty people. It seems like just yesterday that I was dancing and making faces with my buddy Sahara. Every single memory I have from Uganda seems like it happened yesterday (well, some were yesterday!). The church services here are so powerful and amazing. I keep asking myself, "What would the world be like if the churches in America followed the example of the churches in Uganda?" The people here dance and make noises of praise when they worship. Every Sunday, people come to the front and ask for healing- and they are healed! They are such a great example to the world of what it means to be on fire for the Lord. Here, where they have nothing, nothing(and I mean nothing) can separate them from their relationship with Jesus. There in America, many times it takes one thing (like a death in the family or some other tragedy) and people become bitter and turn away from God. (I'm not trying to offend anyone.) In Uganda they go through tragedies EVERY DAY, yet their relationship with God stays the same (if not becoming stronger). With the widows a few days ago, I wanted to cry. They were so joyful! They have been through SO MANY tragedies in their lives, yet they worship God with so much joy and thankfulness. (They are not called widows here, by the way. They are called "the wives of God."). Well, I must go now (it's breakfast time!), but I will try to be in touch. Bye!
Sincerely,
Jessica

Then Jesus said, "Did I not tell you that if you believed, you would see the glory of God?" John 11:40

No comments:

Post a Comment